Monday 23 June 2014

Last Day of Kindergarten

Well, our countdown is finally over and we made it to our final day of Kindergarten! There was a buzz in the air all day, as students were very excited for their graduation in the afternoon!!


They had an hour of free choice play this morning, which was a lot of colouring and dramatic play. After our calendar meeting, we read Mrs. Bindergarten Gets Ready for the Last Day of Kindergarten. We practiced songs/poems for the grad and rehearsed what to tell people about what we've learnt this year.

Poem:

I'm a graduate (pointing to chest)
Yes it's true (knodding)
I'm a graduate (pointing to chest)
Ooh ooh ooh (hands on hips)

A little piece of paper is what I'll get (making a square shape with fingers)
So you ought to be proud (hands on hips)
Coz' I'm a graduate! (pointing to chest)


Song:
Start spreading the news (hands 'raising the roof)
I'm leaving today (marching)
I want to be a part of it (marching)
Grade One, Grade One! (turn to side, jazz hands).

After recess, we read Last Day, Hooray! and then students worked in their journals. They printed the date and "My Summer" and drew a picture of themselves this summer. Then I scribed for them their responses to how they will spend their summer.

We also did some body break videos since we were having an in-classroom Phys.Ed today. That was pretty much our morning! The afternoon was our joyful celebration, followed by snacks and dessert with families. Everyone was cleared out by 2:30 pm. and it was time to begin the year end classroom clean up! It's been such a wonderful year that I can't help but feel a little sad over it coming to an end. I've been surrounded with amazing students and staff that have made my first year of teaching such a great learning experience!

I wish my students all the best in Grade One & hope that everyone has a fantastic summer holiday! :)


Until next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment